Re: Florida Lost ballots

From: Shawn Moore <smoore_at_teuse.net>
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 11:58:00 EST

> No machine. Cooler. With his name a campaign stickers on it. And it was
> definitely a handshaking baby-kissing affair. "Hi, my name John So-And-So,
> and I'm the Republican candidate for 5th seat on the County Board of
> Directors." etc.

        According to http://election.dos.state.fl.us/publications/pdf/electionLaws.pdf, Chapter 102 section 102.031 there are some exceptions to hte 50 foot rule if he's not impeding flow, allowed by the poll workers. I guess if he gave you something afterwards that could be construed as not soliciting a vote, just being a nice guy.

---
If I actually could spell I'd have spelled it right in the first place.
Shawn Moore <smoore@teuse.net>
http://www.teuse.net