Re: Florida Lost ballots

From: Shawn Moore <smoore_at_teuse.net>
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 08:02:14 EST

> When I voted in the local elections a few months ago, one of the candidates
> himself was at my polling place, and gave me a complimentary diet soda
> inside the door of the room where voting was taking place. He was about 2
> feet from the machine that ballots were fed into, and no more than six feet
> from the voting stalls. It seemed very odd since there was nothing like
> that in Tally. While, obviously quite inappropriate, and possibly illegal,
> is that the norm? And what is the recourse?

        I think it s a little late now but the proper thing would be to contact the local supervisor of elections. Didn't the poll workers say anything to him? Was he giving cokes to everyone or just you? Was he actually campaining or had he just voted (canidates have to vote too) and the machine gave him the wrong drink?

--
If I actually could spell I'd have spelled it right in the first place.
Shawn Moore <smoore@teuse.net>