Re: Florida Lost ballots

From: Shawn Moore <smoore_at_teuse.net>
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 11:22:04 EST

> Figures. Always loopholes. Thanks for researching that; I was wondering.

        Reading the laws is really kind of funny sometimes. one section says that the sherrif shall deputize a person specifically for each polling station to be under the orders of the clerk present there. Then later another section says no sherrif, deputy or other offical is allowed in the polling place unless specifically casting his vote.

> http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/05/voting.problems.ap/index.html

        There have been a number of things like that, its just that none of them had the chance to effect the outcome so no ones cares and it only get reported locally. I looked into Melissa's report that the scanner jammed here in Tallahasse, apparently it happens every election and did several times in this one. The solution is just to collect the paper ballots until a new scanner is brought in then let everyone who wants to watch them be feed into it. But that kind of thing only gets reported in the county where it took place.

        My boss was reporting on election morning that they found several machines in Philedelpia with about 200 votes already on them when the voting started that morning. I think that was later proved to be a rumor since I can't find anything on it.

--
If I actually could spell I'd have spelled it right in the first place.
Shawn Moore <smoore@teuse.net>